• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Robust American Beauty Long Bed SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim McLain

Artist
Website
www.lucadecor.com
Selling my American Beauty Long Bed Lathe. Package includes:

3HP Baldor motor
Swing away with gas shock assist
Extra banjo
Wheel/caster set not pictured
Tool caddy
Auxiliary power strip mounted to back of lathe
M33 spindle but could be changed out by Robust to your preference
Standard equipment live center, face plate, tool rest......
Robust external tool rest
12 inch offset tool rest 1 inch bar similar to best wood tools
2 led magnetic base lamps pictured separately not the ones on the lathe
Alisam indexing wheel
Axminster evolution chuck with four sets of jaws two with slides near new condition
Will consider throwing in the custom mat pictured for additional $’s

$7,000 firm for now. I have never seen one of these come up for sale so I have no idea how to price it but this seems fair for the package.

I am in Socorro New Mexico
I can provide assistance with loading
E-mail me at jasjmclain@msn.com if interested or for further details.

EA27BC04-8ACA-42AE-8289-E1AC8573B447.jpeg 219D7802-5130-45BE-A01D-013A97B7A418.jpeg FC27116A-82F3-4765-9465-7E46FE30D431.jpeg 24C1D813-15FE-4236-91F9-2C39EECA6DF5.jpeg 135E989F-8F6B-4A5F-A589-2D1B234969AE.jpeg 68F9CADE-88EB-4116-B127-999A0233F50C.jpeg 058D2BC0-347F-4B1F-B697-9ED610EBABF6.jpeg 16E56FFB-2CCB-4B28-A897-6A8737A4D65B.jpeg

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
That seems like a very good price to me. What year did you get it? It looks like a newer model than mine which I got in 2011. Mine has three pulley ranges and I think that yours probably has two speed ranges.

Roger Wiegand

Beta Tester
Website
www.carouselorgan.com
Where were you a year ago when I needed you? I now have essentially the identical setup. Wonderful lathe! That's a very fair price, especially for someone who doesn't need to ship it across the country.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Ads can remain active as long as the OP wishes. Ads are closed if there are no posts for a month following the latest post. But, you can keep it active just by "bumping" the thread. A bump can be as simple as posting something like, "still for sale".

When the lathe sells or you decide that you want to take down the ad just let us know either by posting in this thread or by PM.

I agree, it is a good deal. I recently purchased a used Oneway for a good deal, but still it felt a little foolish dipping into my savings during these uncertain times (all notions of foolishness went away as soon as I started turning on it). Jim, have you considered using some type of payment service that would allow a buyer to finance the purchase, or pay with a credit card? Also, to anyone considering this lathe, but wondering how to ship it, I recommend you look into companies that ship motorcycles across the country. With the wheel kit on this lathe, it would roll right into an enclosed trailer where it can be strapped down. If there are any of these companies near you, they may cut you a deal if they have a delivery anywhere near NM and can bring this lathe back with them instead of an empty trailer.

Jim McLain

Artist
Website
www.lucadecor.com
I agree, it is a good deal. I recently purchased a used Oneway for a good deal, but still it felt a little foolish dipping into my savings during these uncertain times (all notions of foolishness went away as soon as I started turning on it). Jim, have you considered using some type of payment service that would allow a buyer to finance the purchase, or pay with a credit card? Also, to anyone considering this lathe, but wondering how to ship it, I recommend you look into companies that ship motorcycles across the country. With the wheel kit on this lathe, it would roll right into an enclosed trailer where it can be strapped down. If there are any of these companies near you, they may cut you a deal if they have a delivery anywhere near NM and can bring this lathe back with them instead of an empty trailer.

Kevin - Thanks for the tip on the motor cycle carriers, I had no idea such a service existed.

I would be willing to accept PayPal where they could use a credit card. I also have a square account for credit cards. In either case who pays the fees would have to be negotiated as part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back