• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Laguna 24/36 or pm 4224

I don't have a Laguna Reveo 24/36, but I did research that lathe heavily when I was considering that size a lathe. I ended up purchasing the Grizzly G0800 because of the heavier build, and more & bigger bearings. You will find the Powermatic 4224b will be a heavier built lathe. If you plan to do heavy wood, coring, and do it frequently, you will find the heavy duty build of the PM 4224 will make you a happy camper. I can say the Grizzly G0800 is in the class of the 4224b in build, but does not have all the bells/whistles like the tailstock control pendant, lights, electrical hook up added, or the venturi system for vacuum chuck. It is also about $4k less in price, but is a truly premium, high quality turning platform.

Had mine for about a year. Has done everything I have asked it to do. Tops to coring bowls. It's not a powermatic but the saved $$$ buys alot of acys.

I had a Revo 24/36 for about 6 months. After four headstock replacements, and waning customer service, I sold it once it was working without problems. Why would I sell it after it was working properly you ask? I became very frustrated by the experience, not to mention having to get each replacement headstock in and out of my basement. I sold it to a friend who was aware of the prior issues; it has been working fine for him. I replaced it with the Grizzly G0800, which has been fine.

Kansas. I have to 4224b but I wouldn't be able to ship it. Was hoping you were in driving distance. Sorry

Chris Fairbanks

Adminstrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
Russell are you in NorCal? If so I have a G0800 you can come play on when the shelter in place is lifted if you are considering it.

Back