• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Tea Light candle inserts source??

Does anyone have a good source in the US for cups like these for tea cups to go in?? I believe the drilling size is 1 3/8" I am hoping to get my a** in gear for Christmas with the lock down happening now... Thanks for any advice or tips!!p1000560.jpg

Mike, I bought clear glass cups from a now closed ceramics supply store in the SF Bay area. Mine are a bit taller, making them a safer enclosure for the exposed flame. As I recall, they were marketed for events like wedding receptions, so maybe rabbit hole those suppliers as well.

You bet! What I like about these is that if you set the depth to that of just the tea light candle, you still have about the same amount of height above the host base, which allows for a better bit of illumination, and still a safer protection from the open flame. I've not used the battery powered tea lights yet, but I suspect that they would fit in these as well.

Back