• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning cancellations due to Coronavirus.

Aren't you a bit old to be shedding baby teeth? Don't forget to put it under your pillow. The TF was paying about a dime per tooth when I was a kid. I don't know how much inflation and COLA have affected this.

Having 2 young boys 12 and 6 I can say that inflation has taken it to, depending on the tooth, $1 and on one occasion my MIL slid a $5 bill in for a random second or third tooth which made the little one scratch his head to figure out why that one was so valuable

Just had a tooth fall out and called the dentist.She said they're not taking patients over 70, so if it's not hurting wait.
Our 4 year old grandson is in crisis with a toothache that started Thursday night. He had an appointment to have the baby tooth removed on March 31, but Illinois was going into shutdown at 5:00 pm Saturday and all dentist offices were closed or shutting down. I spent about 2 hours on the phone Friday trying to get some emergency help. Daughter finally got an emergency number for her dentist and with her description the dentist is sure there is an abscess and that his inner ear is also involved. That got him a prescription for antibiotics. An oral surgeon's tech called me around 7:00pm and with a couple of phone calls back and forth he will be getting the tooth out early next week after the infection is gone. Our family was in panic for a while, poor little 4 year old was almost passing out from the pain. He was much better this morning. We are incredibly grateful, this could have been horrible!

Last edited:
Back