• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oneway Easy Core post height

Would someone with a 16" and 20" Easy Core please measure the height of their white painted posts? Looking for the measurement from the top of the base plate to the top of the hollow post.

Thanks

I have a 20" unit. The white column (hollow post) that holds the cutter knife extends slightly less than 6 3/8" above the top of the base plate. The white column that holds the support finger extends about 5 13/16" above the top of the base plate.

I'm curious why this matters to you.

Dave

Last edited:
You need a different base for 16 inch lathes and 20 inch lathes... The 16 inch base will not work on a 20 inch lathe because there is not enough post to properly support the coring arm and support arm.

robo hippy

You need a different base for 16 inch lathes and 20 inch lathes... The 16 inch base will not work on a 20 inch lathe because there is not enough post to properly support the coring arm and support arm.

robo hippy

Exactly, that is why I want to know the correct height for the posts. I am looking at buying one used and I want to be sure it is the right one for a 20" swing. The person is selling it from their father's estate, so I just want to be sure it is what he says it is, since he wasn't the user. Thanks

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Would someone with a 16" and 20" Easy Core please measure the height of their white painted posts? Looking for the measurement from the top of the base plate to the top of the hollow post.

Thanks
I once had to ask Oneway something. Years ago. I was impressed by how quickly they got to me. Call them or email them. Very nice small company.

Dave - Thanks for measuring. Your measurements match up to the one that I am buying, so I believe that I am good.

What threw me off was that there were 1" (roughly) long steel plugs in both posts. That's what made me think that maybe these posts were for a 16" swing lathe. But, it makes sense after thinking about it. All the knives and support fingers from Oneway are the same, so you would need a plug in there for the taller versions of the posts for 20" and 24" swing lathes. Of the many videos that I watched on the Easy Core, I never heard the plugs mentioned. Anyway, I bought it and it worked great, cored out a walnut bowl last night with no problems.

Gary - Mine has both. With mine, the threaded studs aren't long enough without using the plugs in the bottom of the posts. Is that normal? I believe mine could be an old set because the cutter tips still had the old straight grind.

Glenn Lucas made some nifty handles that attach to the adjustment nuts on the bases so you don't have to dig out the wrenches to move or advance the support finger. Good idea, but I think that rather than buy, I would make my own...

robo hippy

Back