• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

How do you post photos on the new woodturner.org site?

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
For the life of me I can’t figure out how to post photos on the new woodturner.org site, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I have been trying for at least half an hour. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. There are some pictures there, looks to me the webmaster added them, but I do not see "Click here to post your pictures" link. It should not be so hard to do, right?

It looks like you have to be a “maker” to join the maker gallery. Under membership, it says you become maker when you sign up as a business profile.
That would be an unfortunate change on the part of the AAW if that’s the case. I’m going to call on Monday to see what they say.

I have been trying for at least half an hour. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. There are some pictures there, looks to me the webmaster added them, but I do not see "Click here to post your pictures" link. It should not be so hard to do, right?
I agree, it shouldn’t be this difficult. Between the two of us, we spent well over an hour trying. The new site seems so foreign to me.

There was an email sent out and in your profile you have to be setup as a "maker". It does take some looking.
This is the file on how to do it: https://files.constantcontact.com/c38abb3f001/3326f661-3033-410d-be8d-8e6cd04be8cc.pdf

When you go into your profile by clicking your name at top of the page,
1.Click the pencil beside Member Demographics.
2. Tab to bottom and check AAW MAkers Profile and save
3. Now click on your name again at the top of the page and you will see a MAKER tab added to your demographics page, click it.
4. Complete your Maker Profile and save.
5. Now scroll to bottom of page and see Member Gallery. Click the + on the right and that is where you enter info and upload the pic. Oh just like the pic on the forum they are using "square format"

Hope this helps. Not sure everyone gets or "reads' all the emails I do.;);)

There was an email sent out and in your profile you have to be setup as a "maker". It does take some looking.
This is the file on how to do it: https://files.constantcontact.com/c38abb3f001/3326f661-3033-410d-be8d-8e6cd04be8cc.pdf

3. Now click on your name again at the top of the page and you will see a MAKER tab added to your demographics page, click it.
5. Now scroll to bottom of page and see Member Gallery. Click the + on the right and that is where you enter info and upload the pic. Oh just like the pic on the forum they are using "square format"

Gerald, thank you so much. I did run into a problem right at the end though. I keep getting an error message that reads,”Invalid file format or file exceeds maximum size.” The file is a .jpeg, and I tried it both with a 1mb file, as well as a resized 239kb file. Both yielded the same error. Any advice? I was so close!

Gerald, thank you so much. I did run into a problem right at the end though. I keep getting an error message that reads,”Invalid file format or file exceeds maximum size.” The file is a .jpeg, and I tried it both with a 1mb file, as well as a resized 239kb file. Both yielded the same error. Any advice? I was so close!

Not sure but might be that the file is not square 500x 500. Had to use the windows picturemanager to do that my other programs only resize proportionally and not to square.

Not sure but might be that the file is not square 500x 500. Had to use the windows picturemanager to do that my other programs only resize proportionally and not to square.
I just resized to 500x500, and am still getting that message. Also, resizing to 500x500 makes the file size 61kb.

Eta: I was able to resize to 500x500, and get the file size to be 256mb, but it still gives me the same error reading.

Last edited:

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
I just resized to 500x500, and am still getting that message. Also, resizing to 500x500 makes the file size 61kb.

Eta: I was able to resize to 500x500, and get the file size to be 256mb, but it still give me the same error reading.
Looks to me that you are a smart computer person. Can you imagine if it is this hard for you, to post a picture, a large part of the AAW membership will not be able to do it.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com

I make sure that I read all AAW emails, somehow this one flew past me. Thanks Gerald.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
For the life of me I can’t figure out how to post photos on the new woodturner.org site, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Success!! I guess sometimes it pays off to follow instructions. LOL Thank you to @Gerald Lawrence for pointing us in the right direction. Saved me the embarrassment of calling Linda on Monday,.

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Not smart enough apparently! :D
It is frustrating, made more so by the fact I was so close with Gerald’s excellent instructions.
Are you still having problems? Making the image square and as close to 500 by 500 is the key, I think. I just uploaded one image. Looks distorted, was 500 by 370.

Back