• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Delta Rockwell lathe 46-111 (Council Bluffs, Omaha area)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold
very good condition includes 2 face plates, 1 spur drive. $300 $250
The center distance is 36", swing over the gap is 14", swing over the ways is 11", spindle thread is 1" - 8. The motor is 1/2 hp. with a step pulley 4 speeds. the lathe serves well for small bowls, pens and spindle turnings.
The lathe may be picked up at my shop or I would deliver within a 25 mile, give or take radius. Below is small bowl turned on this lathe (putting on the finish now).

DeltaLathe-FV.jpg

DeltaLathe_TS.jpg

DeltaLathe_HS.jpg

Last edited:
You might want to say something about the features of the lathe (swing, distance between centers, horsepower, speed range, spindle thread size, etc.)

Also, does the buyer need to pick it up at your shop?
Thanks Bill,
The center distance is 36", swing over the gap is 7", swing over the ways is 5 1/2", spindle thread is 1" - 8. The motor is 1/2 hp. with a step pulley 4 speeds. the lathe serves well for small bowls, pens and spindle turnings.
The lathe may be picked up at my shop or I would deliver within a 25 mile, give or take radius. Below is small bowl turned on this lathe (putting on the finish now).
IMG_5191.JPG

It’s cool to see the same model lathe that I inherited almost 30 years ago. It’s been quite reliable and is sturdy and easy to maintain. Someone will certainly get a lot of use out of it.

A lathe like that would be easy to convert over to a VFD by installing a 3-phase motor, and you could up the horsepower at the same time.
Does the headstock spindle have a Morse Taper #2?

A lathe like that would be easy to convert over to a VFD by installing a 3-phase motor, and you could up the horsepower at the same time.
Does the headstock spindle have a Morse Taper #2?
I've considered converting to VFD and yes is would be easy however my interests have moved on to bowls, platters etc. I'm looking at either a Jet 1640 or Laguna 1836.
If I don't find a buyer it will have to go out in the machine shed.

That's a good price-- hang on. You might find a buyer more quickly on the local Craig's list or thru your local club chapter.
Thanks Tom,
have a couple of nibbles on the local Craig's list. I'm in no particular hurry. I've purchased a Laguna 1836, it should be here in a few weeks. If the Rockwell isn't sold by then I'll move it out to the machine shed, (ways and all bare metal treated against corrosion).

I have the same lathe, though mine is an older version,,, yellow headstock and Tailstock...Rest of it is black...Great machine, does everything I want and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back