• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Came across an auction w/ Bob Stocksdale work

I am not too familiar with his work but it is quite nice. Good to see turnings are fetching good prices, at least in my view.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/156222_december-8th-fine-estate-auction/

Last edited by a moderator:

John Jordan

In Memorium
Website
www.johnjordanwoodturning.com
Very desirable work, I'm surprised its going that cheap, there will never be more. And that is cheap. Every turner should be familiar with Bob's work.
I had lunch at Bob's eating off some of those plates, on an Art Carpenter table, sitting on Sam Maloof chairs. Pretty cool.

John

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I'll let the thread remain open, but just a reminder about the forum rules ... you may link to a site selling a woodturning related product if it is in response to a question posted in the thread. However, it is against forum rules to start a thread to announce or promote a product being sold (ex: lathe or tool sale, auctions, something found on eBay or Craigslist, etc.). It doesn't matter whether you have any vested interest in whatever is being sold.

History indeed. Stocksdale was seminal in the story of studio woodturning. Prices are very cheap, wish this auction wasn’t held so close to christmas...

I'll let the thread remain open, but just a reminder about the forum rules ... you may link to a site selling a woodturning related product if it is in response to a question posted in the thread. However, it is against forum rules to start a thread to announce or promote a product being sold (ex: lathe or tool sale, auctions, something found on eBay or Craigslist, etc.). It doesn't matter whether you have any vested interest in whatever is being sold.

Back