• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

VB36 with Short Tailstock and Vacuum Adapter: Any Interest Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
UPDATE: Just went out to the shop to set up the lathe for a demo and the Inverter/VFD seems to be kaput. Going to have to contact Greg Jensen about this. My apologies to anyone linking over to this post.

Hi all,

Before I get out the camera and take a zillion photos I thought I would just ask if anyone has any interest in my VB36. As I mentioned, it has a short tailstock, the foot pedal option installed, and Greg Jensen was kind enough to source a Vacuum Chuck adapter, which is also installed. The outer housing is removed but only so I could keep the vac chuck in place.

This lathe has less than 200 hours on it and the original bottle of oil is practically untouched. The setup cost about $11000 delivered when I bought it.

This is the lathe I most coveted and unfortunately, medical issues will prevent me from using it to anywhere near its full range and so...

I had CMC Arthroplasty with some complications in my left hand (extra bone removed, etc.) and almost certainly will never be able to apply any significant pressure with it for more than a minute or two. And there are some other medical issues I'm staring down at (playing chicken :-D ).
20190803_100410.jpg
So if anyone thinks they might like a VB, I'd be happy to talk. My contact information:

Mark Hepburn
137 Sontheimer Court, or
5450 West Main Street
Houma, LA 70360

hepburnmarke@gmail.com

Thanks to all for looking.

Mark

Last edited:

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Mark, very sorry to hear about your health issues. IMHO. you should perhaps wait some time before selling this beauty, let's hope for the best, chances are that you will be back at it in no time! We have a club member that thought his turning days were over, sold a lot of his things, but didnt sell his 2 Powematic lathes. Lucky thing, because his back turning now!! Prayers for a full recovery heading your way from Maui. Aloha

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
You are such a good friend to me, Mark.......Just want to add my best wishes for a recovery, and your speedy return to the turning arts you love. As Red Skelton used to say, "May God Bless" <><

I have my own issues......you may have noticed that I am posting quite often in the middle of the night. If it wasn't for this damnable prostate trouble I have, I'd be asleep right now! :D

-----odie-----

Sorry to here about your health issues Mark and as Odie said I consider you as a good friend also. Best of health to you my friend, "God bless".

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
You are such a good friend to me, Mark.......Just want to add my best wishes for a recovery, and your speedy return to the turning arts you love. As Red Skelton used to say, "May God Bless" <><

I have my own issues......you may have noticed that I am posting quite often in the middle of the night. If it wasn't for this damnable prostate trouble I have, I'd be asleep right now! :D

-----odie-----
Odie, I had to change my meds, have you tried Rapaflo? Way better than Flomax!! Sorry Mark, had to give old Odie some medical advice on your thread, LOL. Lots of interest for your lathe!! Wish you were closer! A dream lathe! Aloha

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Odie, I had to change my meds, have you tried Rapaflo? Way better than Flomax!! Sorry Mark, had to give old Odie some medical advice on your thread, LOL. Lots of interest for your lathe!! Wish you were closer! A dream lathe! Aloha

Thank you, Emiliano......I'll check into it! (Arrrrrgggggh! Here I am, up in the middle of the night again.....same old story! :()

-----odie-----

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Mark, very sorry to hear about your health issues. IMHO. you should perhaps wait some time before selling this beauty, let's hope for the best, chances are that you will be back at it in no time! We have a club member that thought his turning days were over, sold a lot of his things, but didnt sell his 2 Powematic lathes. Lucky thing, because his back turning now!! Prayers for a full recovery heading your way from Maui. Aloha

Hey Emiliano, thanks so much for your thoughts. And apparently I'll be taking your advice :-( The inverter may be fried.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Sorry to here about your health issues Mark and as Odie said I consider you as a good friend also. Best of health to you my friend, "God bless".

Hey there my friend, I hope you're doing well and thanks for your kind words! Bless you too.

Mark

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef

-----odie-----

Hey Odie, I hope you took Emiliano's advice and are checking your meds. As you may notice, I'm up at 4:30 (been up for an hour). You may remember that I had bad prostate trouble. So bad, it would leave me prostrate. :-D (sorry but can't resist a stupid dad joke - ask my kids). Anyway, until finally I had it removed about 7 years ago it was pretty miserable. Turned out to be cancerous and they had to yank it (I couldn't take brachiotherapy or chemo because of other conditions).

Anyway, for sure stay on top of it. And thanks as always old friend (I mean old as, well, you know..... :-D)

Mark

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef

Hey Emiliano, if I had a problem with anyone hijacking a thread, I would be the biggest hypocrite on the forum. <Seinfeld reference> Not that I'm saying you did that. Which you didn't. But not that there's anything wrong with that</end_reference> :-D

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Chuck, it is available but the inverter is bad. I just got a quote for 700 bucks for a new inverter programmed and ready for the VB.

That makes it a kind of an attractive offer for anybody right now I would think. My plan was to put the inverter in and then sell it, but it will be a little while before I can do the inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back