• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New shop photos

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Got the shop up and running now. Just put up all the lathe tools and put another wire shelf up to hold my parts bins. Still have a lot of boxes to unpack which is why you see so many empty shelves and wall space. Also have to find a place to hand over 100 clamps. But at least the dust collector is working and everything is hooked up and roughly in place. Gotta stop now and work on getting ready for my AAW demos. I still have to find some of the demo pieces and possibly get a few started since there isn't enough time for glue or paint to dry during the demos.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_0002 .jpg
    DSC_0002 .jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 191
The happy for you and jealous feelings are fighting it out right now. I hope someday to build a nice shop like that. Apparently putting kids through college comes first.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Been there Russel. This is my 7th shop. This one is smaller than the last one but the lessons learned from setting up the other 6 have played off and I think this is going to be my most productive.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Yea Dean I found out that Lowes sells 9foot panels of the 7/16 for 1/3 the cost of the 8 foot thicker panels. The 7/16 might be too thin but so far it's worked out.

Nice shop. Needs some chips and sawdust on the floor. Surprised you didn't call me to take the photos.;)

Thanks, will take up the invitation. Thinking about going back to work to get some rest. Will be in touch.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
No it's still sitting on the floor and probably will for another few weeks. I have too much to do to get work ready for Raleigh. I'm kinda putting it off because I don't know how we are going to lift it 6 feet in the air to put it where it's going. It's really heavy. Thinking about screwing some 2x4's to hinges and make a sort of ramp. Then I'll put 2 more as supports so we can set it on the ramp, lift it until one of the support legs locks into place. Then repostion our bodies and hands so we can lift it to shoulder height where another set of legs will lock. then we should be able to slide it along the ramp and into the housing. Might try using the chain hoist instead if I can fasten strong enough anchor points in the ceiling steel.

Back