• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Free pass to Portland Symposium

John Jordan

In Memorium
Website
www.johnjordanwoodturning.com
Vicki is not going with me, so I need someone to fill in my vendor booth some so I can take a break and do some other stuff. In exchange you get a full access badge to attend demos etc. Might even send you home with a new tool. Travel, housing etc would be up to you. If you are interested, send me an email.

John

John, I'm attending the symposium and have my days planned with attending demos but I will stop by between demo times to see if I can give you time to take a short break. I've always admired your work and it would be a pleasure to meet you. Though hanging around your tools might not be healthy for my wallet!

Damon

John, that is an offer one can't refuse. Very generous of you. Can't make it, though.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
@John Jordan I have checked on the other forums and saw that several people on Wood Central were willing to spend a little time to allow you to do other things. Do you think that will be sufficient to satisfy your needs? I was hoping that posting a banner would help draw attention, but it appears that we just have a bunch of whining people with hard luck stories (including me ... I'm spending all my time going to the doctor :().

John Jordan

In Memorium
Website
www.johnjordanwoodturning.com
@John Jordan I have checked on the other forums and saw that several people on Wood Central were willing to spend a little time to allow you to do other things. Do you think that will be sufficient to satisfy your needs? I was hoping that posting a banner would help draw attention, but it appears that we just have a bunch of whining people with hard luck stories (including me ... I'm spending all my time going to the doctor :().
Thanks for posting the banner. Several people have generously offered to help, and I will likely take some of them up on it. The problem is trying to teach folks what needs to be done to actually sell something if the need arises. And they have all paid to be there, and there are more fun things to do than sit in a booth. I hoped it would help someone come that otherwise might not get to.

Again, thanks to all that have offered to help, it is sincerely appreciated.

John

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Bill,
I got an invitation from John in February. I SAID I'd get back to him - I didn't. In the end, the reason I was unable to help him out (as much as I wanted to) is the cost. Free admission to the symposium is no small thing and it was a real incentive, but the airfare and hotel costs made it impracticable for me (too).
There are a lot of us who would gladly spend quality time with an internationally respected and collected artist. I mean you'd have to learn something, unless you spent the whole time sleeping.
I got a second offer, same issue.
NOW, if someone needs me for NEXT year and lets me know soon, I'll start planning for it...
(and I bet a lot of others would be willing to make the same offer)

I hope John gets an 11th hour white knight.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Bill,
I got an invitation from John in February. I SAID I'd get back to him - I didn't. In the end, the reason I was unable to help him out (as much as I wanted to) is the cost. Free admission to the symposium is no small thing and it was a real incentive, but the airfare and hotel costs made it impracticable for me (too).
There are a lot of us who would gladly spend quality time with an internationally respected and collected artist. I mean you'd have to learn something, unless you spent the whole time sleeping.
I got a second offer, same issue.
NOW, if someone needs me for NEXT year and lets me know soon, I'll start planning for it...
(and I bet a lot of others would be willing to make the same offer)

I hope John gets an 11th hour white knight.

I hope so as well. Life always seems to get in the way of the things that we would like to do.

And thanks for bumping the thread. :D

Thanks for posting the banner. Several people have generously offered to help, and I will likely take some of them up on it. The problem is trying to teach folks what needs to be done to actually sell something if the need arises. And they have all paid to be there, and there are more fun things to do than sit in a booth. I hoped it would help someone come that otherwise might not get to.

Again, thanks to all that have offered to help, it is sincerely appreciated.

John
Maybe you'll be lucky and not sell anything when you are not there John! LOL

Back