• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Journal

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
Everybody is posting about receiving the Journal. I wonder how come it's not available online yet? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I keep hitting refresh, I got rid of my "history", I still see the last one, the one with a Nick Agar work on the cover. Usually when people start getting it, you can see it online.. Are these some advanced copies?

Everybody is posting about receiving the Journal. I wonder how come it's not available online yet? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I keep hitting refresh, I got rid of my "history", I still see the last one, the one with a Nick Agar work on the cover. Usually when people start getting it, you can see it online.. Are these some advanced copies?
It’s nothing your doing or not doing. I received a message from a friend that he received the journal last week. I got mine yesterday. I still can’t read it on line either.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com

Apparently the printer mailed them out early this month, but they don't all get mailed at the same time. I received my June issue about three days ago, but that is unusually early. As far as the digital issue is concerned, it always appears on the first of the month.

I suspect that your mailman has taken an interest in woodturning and hasn't finished reading your copy yet. Give him time. There's a lot of good stuff in this issue.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
The Journals are mailed in Zip code bundles according the the post office guidance.
The Zip code order rotates so that everyone gets to be in the first
Mailings on a rotating basis. Then of course the post office has discretion in moving the bundles to your post office for delivery. The more times your bundle has to be moved the longer it takes to get it.

A small number are mailed to staff and board members in a first mailing so that they have one to address questions that may arise from particular content.

I got mine early in the delivery cycle this time.
I could be last next time.

Dennis J Gooding

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
I sat down to read my new paper copy last night and immediately launched into a violent sneezing attack! The AAW printers must have changed to different inks. Maybe I should stick to the online version.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I sat down to read my new paper copy last night and immediately launched into a violent sneezing attack! The AAW printers must have changed to different inks. Maybe I should stick to the online version.

I saw your name mentioned several times in the article by Lyndal Anthony about deep boring ... that's nothing to sneeze at ... and, not boring either. :D

Back