• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Stop by Seattle (area) in 2018!!

It would be really, really cool if a few of you had time before or after the 2018 Symposium in Portland to come by either our AAW chapter or BARN to demo or give a workshop. Both have funds and financing. The chapter depends on me to bring in "fresh blood":eek: and BARN has the potential for a truly robust turning program, and welcomes people from far and wide to conduct classes, workshops and "Great Room" demos. I'm cranking out novice turners as fast as I can, and there are more advanced students also. BARN works because members are highly motivated and enthusiastic.

So, if you have wiggle-room in your schedule and think you could spend a night, a few, or several, in the Greater Seattle area, please let me know -- respond here, or shoot me a private message via "conversation".

I'm serious about this!:p

Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network's Woodworking Studio
BARN WW StudioRdx.jpg

The lathes are behind the kayak-building area, 5 lathes plus buffing, includes a PM, a Nova DVR, two Jet 1221's and a 1236 (hoping to replace the 1236 with a big hoss next year).
Kayak + Lathes Rdx.jpg

Last edited:
Coming to Seattle might be a possibility this spring or summer. Our oldest grandson played baseball with the Arkansas Travelers this past season. We are waiting to see where he will land in 2018. The Mariners' AAA team is the Tacoma Rainiers. He will know what and where this coming year as to who he signs with and where he will be taking spring training.

Back