• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

gallery posting

Uptick in gallery posting....sort of like the ides of March......the time of gathering is approaching......everybody have their lists done.....

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
A soothsayer you are, Charlie.

I won't be doing any turning for many months. My rotator cuff surgery a year ago didn't heal so it was like deja vu all over again when I had the surgery again a couple weeks ago. I found out that I'll be starting all over again from zero on the rehab. So a year with very little turning may become two. I go out to the shop every day and arrange my turning tools and turning blanks and brush the dust off my lathe. :)

How do the doctors explain it.....do they offer % discount.....do you change doctors... It is possible to replace knees, but I have never heard of replacing shoulder joint.....I have been lucky I guess.....wish you well

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
I have been lucky I guess.....wish you well

Yeah, me too, Bill.......wish you luck in fast recovery. :D

I just don't know what I'd do, If I couldn't use my shop anymore.....it is everything to me. It is what makes me.....me! o_O

-----odie-----

A soothsayer you are, Charlie.

I won't be doing any turning for many months. My rotator cuff surgery a year ago didn't heal so it was like deja vu all over again when I had the surgery again a couple weeks ago. I found out that I'll be starting all over again from zero on the rehab. So a year with very little turning may become two. I go out to the shop every day and arrange my turning tools and turning blanks and brush the dust off my lathe. :)

Bill-Maybe poor patient compliance????Day after labor day I am going to have hip replacement. Haven't figured out everything living alone. Compliance on my part will be an issue:eek: Gretch

it's wonderful that these things can be done....Gretch you will probably need 6 weeks + or - 3 weeks in rehab.....Bill leave that chainsaw and maul alone

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
My current doctor said I don't have rotator cuff problems that it's probably tendonitis. I'm going to see another doctor because even though I don't have the classic symptoms I still think that's what it is. Hope you all heal quickly.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
My current doctor said I don't have rotator cuff problems that it's probably tendonitis. I'm going to see another doctor because even though I don't have the classic symptoms I still think that's what it is. Hope you all heal quickly.

There are various rotations of your arm that you won't be able to do or maybe do with severe burning pain like your arm is being ripped off your body by the roots if it is a torn rotator cuff. Sometimes the range of motion is limited, but it doesn't hurt unless you force the arm to where it is pulling on the torn tissue. My doctor thought it was tendonitis for a long time and treated it with corticosteroid injections. It would feel better for six months or more, but the last injection didn't do squat. I would suggest getting a second opinion, but don't be eager to have rotator cuff surgery. I can vouch for what everyone has said to me that the recovery and therapy is the most painful of any joint repair surgery by far. I had coronary bypass surgery back in the last century when they used something like pipe clamps to to open your chest and field dress you ... and it was like a walk in the park by comparison. Five months later and I was backpacking in the Gila Wilderness and feeling great. Of course, I was only a kid in my fifties back then. :D

Love that alligator juniper......you can teach an old dog new tricks

Last edited:
Back