• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

For a little reading enjoyment...

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Ack! Bill the Cat's brain just went Thbbft!

I thought that I knew chucks, but I never realized the more subtle capabilities of this do-everything machine. I now am more enlightened about some of its less known functions such as inflating tires, polishing boats, building decks, clear cutting tropical rainforests, and more versatile than a NordicTrack.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
And here I thought it was just me being a newbie.

Plus, l picked up some excellent new English usages of. :-D

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Man that is so misworded it's hard to read. I remember one time opening a new film washer at work. The instructions said "makes to bubbly several directions". I'm still confused about that one.

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
It's the Chinese to English translation...

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Probably an auto translate function at that. But still hilarious.

Makes one wonder how our Chinese user manuals read to the average Chinese reader. :)

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
and I need to air up my chuck with winter air. :D A good scrubbing with prop wash wouldn't hurt it either. :p

Maybe I could take it into Jiffy Lube and get a 39 point inspection while getting the jaws rotated. :)

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Oh no, it's a scam?!?! I sent those people $12,000 for my chuck to use in sawing a tree house!

Back