• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

December magazine

I have not received my AMERICAN WOODTURNER magazine for December. I usually get one before it is posted on the website. Is it delayed in the mail due to Christmas mail? Has anyone gotten theirs? Thanks

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Haven't gotten mine yet either.

They are printed, bundled in zip code groups, and entrusted to the postal service.
The actual order that the get into the postal service can vary as well as the amount of time each postal stop allows yours to sit.

Al

Monday mail is usually 2 to 3 hours behind other days......mine was delivered about 6 pm........cover is interesting....hopefully details inside

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Haven't gotten mine yet either.

They are printed, bundled in zip code groups, and entrusted to the postal service.
The actual order that the get into the postal service can vary as well as the amount of time each postal stop allows yours to sit.

Al

Al, you will get your AW when the mailman has finished reading it. :rolleyes:

Got mine the other day. Mail lady told me the article on page 22 was neat...
Now I know how the corners are always bent!

Website
www.zachlaperriere.com
Hasn't hit Alaska yet.

Good mailman jokes. My mom retired from the USPS after almost 30 years. Apparently a common response from a customer after picking up a package at the post office was, "What is it?"

...As if she knew what was in the box. My mom always wanted to say something like, "Well, looks like Aunt Mabel sent you some polka dotted undies."

Back