• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Getting with th times!

Hi all

After a number of chats recently with several differnet people, it seems I really need to get on social media. After looking at a few options I decided I would have a dabble with Instagram. For those who don't know, Instagram is an easy way to share photos with followers. In my case I will be posting photos of my work with descriptions. I promise not to bombard folk with other junk, just turned work, but I need followers. If you think this might be of interest then please do take a look and follow me on Instagram!

https://instagram.com/richard_findley/

Not much on there yet as I'm still getting to grips with it, but I will try to keep regular images coming, whenever I make something that I think might be interesting.

Thanks for looking

Richard

Website
woodbowlsandthings.wordpress.com
Follow

Hey Richard. It's kind of like "I'll show you mine if you show me yours".

https://instagram.com/woodbowlsandthings/

I too am just getting started. I am sort of working with Facebook as well but never seem to have the time so we will just have to see how I make out with Instagram. My children (both grown) think that I too need to get with the times!!!

pete

Website
www.vinnyluciani.com
James it is primarily a phone app., and uses the phone camera. It also has it`s own editing features. You can load only from your phone, and your phone`s photo gallery (not your computer) for now. You can email pics to your phone and upload from your computer that way

I too have dabbled in the Facebook thing. What I find is there are a few old boys there but the majority of users are the younger set so the ratio of novices to woodturners that know the difference between a scraper and a gouge is poor and you tend to wast a lot of time explaining things over and over again. It's really a big wast of time cause the younger set don't want to be told by an old guy!!!
Enjoy and turn safe...

Thanks for the comments and links. I've now been on for a week and liking it so far. I was wondering which social media to use - knowing for some time that I really should get on with it, but I already maintain my website - although not as much as I should! - and wanted an easy way to share photos without too much extra work. Instagram does this well, I guess I just need more followers to share my work with!

All the best

Richard

Back