• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Delta 46-745 EVS 16 x 45 wood lathe

I have been turning on this Delta for a number of years and it has served me well. Recently the tail stock handle broke and I have found via an internet search that most parts are no longer available. I've taken the tail stock to a local machine shop and I'm sure they're going to do a fine repair job but I also suspect that other parts may need replacement/repair in the future. I would love to move up in size and into a more reliable manufacturer however I'm just not ready for the expense.

Does anyone own one of these Delta lathes or know of one for sale I could buy and keep for spare parts?

Thanks!!

Website
www.vinnyluciani.com
Finn, I have this lathe...it was my first "larger" lathe. The VFD is broken courtesy of it`s delicate variable knob. And it needs bearings.....I intend to keep it though to keep a threading jig on. It was a good value all in all. I found a powermatic 3520A used from a friend for a great price. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone, lol.

Back