• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Announcement: John Lucas engaged

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Let us all offer joyful congratulations to John Lucas who became engaged to Lucy Mays on Christmas Eve.

John is without a doubt the friendliest and most helpful person on the AAW forum. He says that Lucy is fully supportive of his woodturning addiction/obsession/hobby and what more could anyone ask for?

Last edited:

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Yea she even went with me to my latest tool purchase and helped unload it. We both laughed and said do you really know what your getting into. It goes both ways you know. She gets a new house and I get a new workshop. :) Of course if we didn't get either we would still be together.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Yea she even went with me to my latest tool purchase and helped unload it. We both laughed and said do you really know what your getting into. It goes both ways you know. She gets a new house and I get a new workshop. :) Of course if we didn't get either we would still be together.

Hey, congrats John!

Sounds like all the pieces are fitting well! :cool:

ko

congratulations John

My best to you and Lucy May. Do you have a lathe for her????? Great that she is so compatible and understanding. . I am glad your holidays were so "fruitful", Warmly, Gretch

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Gretch she claims she's not crafty at all but I did stick a woodburner in her hands last spring and she played a little. Not sure she enjoyed it. She's very domestic and loves cooking and working on the house, painting and gardening. I may get her on the lathe some day.

Best Wishes

Congratulations to both you and Lucy! it is a great time in your lives to start together on a new path. Hope you continue the happiness that you are currently enjoying.

Rick

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Congratulations John!!

I hope to be able to shake your hand in Pittsburgh in about 6 months!

Just as you are a lucky guy, she also is a lucky lady!

Best wishes!

Rob

Best wishes to you and Lucy. Many happy years together! Are you going to get her a lathe and tools for a wedding present?
John, do you have a date set for the special day?

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
John I think she needs a new Robust lathe, what do you think. She doesn't turn and won't use it but I think it would be the perfect gift. I will store it in my shop and of course need to use it occasionally to keep everything functioning.
No date set. I don't think she was expecting it but she's on cloud 9 and so are her sisters. I was kind of hoping for a shotgun wedding but now it's going to snowball and I may actually have to dress up. Not too much. I'll order a new turning smock for the ceremony.

odie

TOTW Team
John I think she needs a new Robust lathe, what do you think. She doesn't turn and won't use it but I think it would be the perfect gift. I will store it in my shop and of course need to use it occasionally to keep everything functioning.
No date set. I don't think she was expecting it but she's on cloud 9 and so are her sisters. I was kind of hoping for a shotgun wedding but now it's going to snowball and I may actually have to dress up. Not too much. I'll order a new turning smock for the ceremony.

John, I actually have a tie stashed in the closet somewhere.....I could send it to you! :D

ko

odie

TOTW Team
That would be the "something borrowed" I suspect? :D

Na......John can keep it! It's like new, only used once! :D Heh,heh,heh.......

He probably wouldn't want it anyway.......If I remember right, it's a black tie with little duck heads on it! :rolleyes:

ko

John, just make sure the tie isn't from Disney World. I don't think Mickey Mouse would be appropriate. ;)

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
whew odie- glad you spelled that correctly or I really wouldn't want the tie. Here's what I wore for my last radiation treatment. Do you think that tie would work.

Attachments

• 2014-10-08 09.33.38.jpg
    2014-10-08 09.33.38.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 47

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
whew odie- glad you spelled that correctly or I really wouldn't want the tie. Here's what I wore for my last radiation treatment. Do you think that tie would work.

John, you really seriously need a wife to oversee your taste in dressing up. :rolleyes:

She will point out some obvious fashion faux pas such as not wearing both stripes and polka dots together.

And, why do you have your hands behind you? :D

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef

Congratulations John!

I'm sure you can find a shotgun somewhere there in Tennessee, but if you can't... :D

And it shows just what a giving and caring guy you are that you'd clutter up your shop with another lathe just for your beloved. Best wishes to you both!

Mark

P.S. Bill may indeed be fanning the flames but it is well deserved

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef

You look positively radiant.

Oh, sorry we're supposed to say that to the bride. My bad.:D:D

Back