• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Anyone know what a "spool tank" is?

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
images

My grandfather showed me how to make one when I was just a toddler. This was from a time when money was tight, and many youngsters made their own toy. I can remember mine was the same principle, but was a little different. He used a matchstick for the trailing arm. Instead of a washer, he cut off a section of candle. Rubber band and notches in the spool were the same.

I can also remember making a "switchblade" knife out of popsicle sticks and rubber bands.

What are some other handmade toys you can remember?

ko

i had tommy gun, 1 x 6 with 2 notches in it, one at end and one one third way down

Such well mannered children~!!
I was a little hellion. There was no trouble too deep for me to get into.

Back