• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Why is there NO link to this forum on the AAW web page?

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Never mind, I found it. I would have expected it at the top of the page, though.

Nick

I think that there may be a method in their madness -- like perhaps they would like you to read the whole page before you find the link to the forum ... just guessing.

I have the opposite problem. I can't ever find the link to the main AAW web page from the AAW Forums...

Never mind... I found it. It's kinda hidden since it's labeled "woodturner.org". Not what I'm looking for. I'd expect it to be "AAW Home" or something like that.

Last edited:
I would like to see a forum link in the drop down menu on the main page. I also wish they would fix the link code so the link includes the whole words and not just part of them. mtcw

Kim Rymer

Communications & Marketing Director
AAW Staff
Responding to Bill Dalton's note about the AAW website

Hi Bill~

I think I'm the "they" you refer to in your note about the AAW website.

I am always open to suggestions on ways to improve the website and make it a better tool for members. :)

You mentioned that that you wish "they would fix the link code so the link includes the whole words and not just part of them." I'm wondering if you can provide me with an example of exactly what you mean.

I can be reached directly at kim@woodturner.org

Thanks a million.
Kim

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Hi Kim, I think that Bill Dalton might be referring to how some things get displayed on mobile devices. I think that some of the text overlaps or gets covered up when viewed on Android devices. I haven't checked my iPad lately, but at one time there was a similar situation. I have viewed things on various browsers on Windows 7 and XP (haven't checked Windows 98 :rolleyes:) and haven't seen any anomalies.

Kim Rymer

Communications & Marketing Director
AAW Staff
Website display on tablets, iPads & other devices

Hi Kim, I think that Bill Dalton might be referring to how some things get displayed on mobile devices. I think that some of the text overlaps or gets covered up when viewed on Android devices. I haven't checked my iPad lately, but at one time there was a similar situation. I have viewed things on various browsers on Windows 7 and XP (haven't checked Windows 98 :rolleyes:) and haven't seen any anomalies.

Hi Bill Boehme & Bill Dalton:

Over the past several months, we've made some tweaks to the AAW website that I believe have improved how it displays on tablets, iPhones, and other devices. However, with the wide variety of devices and browsers available (and the fact that they are changing/upgrading continuously), it's difficult to know if our website is compatible with all platforms continuously. I invite anyone who is having display issues with the AAW website (or other problems), to contact me so we can explore solutions.

Have a great week.
Kim

Website
www.docwks.com
Kim,
I sent you an email with my suggestions. These have nothing to do with IOS or android devices just the way the site displays on a PC. These are not problems, just cosmetic stuff, well except for the link in the drop down menu. I sent the code and an examples of the changes. Hope that's ok. I really am very happy with the site!!
Bill

Back