• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Zig Zag box assembled
Nice fit! These “teeth” fit in any position or do they need to fit the same position each time? I love the way the grain goes through the details....but not into the lid; perhaps my answer is staring me in the face, lol!!

@Russ Braun
The spin index fixture that I use to index when cutting the Vs has some inaccuracy in some of the positions on the index plate. The Vs are cut at every 20 degrees starting at 0 degrees so if I mark the misaligned cuts and then assemble the mating piece with those aligned it minimizes the problem however the final cuts to form the squares or as you say teeth those start at 10, 30, 50 etc so the fit is lost. Note The spin index fixture that I purchaser about 22 years ago is a knock off of a US design and it is obviously a second.
The cherry accent wood for the base came from the same blank so the alignment as stated above took care of aligning the streaks in the wood as well but the top one used a different blank.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Don Wattenhofer
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device