• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Wormy Walnut Vase
Vincent Luciani

Wormy Walnut Vase

Hey guys.....this piece measures 9.25 inches high and 6 inches wide. This is a break from the Ocean series....no new design concepts....but still plenty sanding, lol.
This Walnut is dry and hard. Working with wetter wood will be a dream! And I`ll be lots less itchy.....been working with Walnut for a couple weeks I guess.
CnC always welcome
Vinney-

Beautiful piece of Walnut. You found the hidden piece within. Oil finish? I see I need to make a raid on you wood pile and leave you some local wood from down here. Am going to try to do one of your signature finials out of aluminum and wood. It's been floating around in my head since we talked on the phone a while back.

Gary

Thanks Gary. Yup, minwax tung oil, going to get 1 coat of lacquer. Your finial idea sounds like a challenge!

Vincent......

As is your usual, this piece shows a lot of style, and a lot of class! Walnut can be very uncooperative in getting a final surface ready for the finish.......so, I can imagine how much effort you put into this one!

I'd like to know how you did the little black line separating the sections......adds a little bit of extra eye appeal.

I think I'll go get a rubber stamp that says....."Excellent job, Vincent"......it'll save me the effort to continually tell you how great I think your turnings are......Ha!

ooc

Vinney you sure know how to bring out the character in a piece of timber, very nice indeed
Pete

Vincent, your designs are wonderful, as is this one is also. This design has to go into my "would like to copy" file.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Vincent Luciani
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device