• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Simplicity
A

Simplicity

This is my latest (finished today) and largest of my Acorn Cap series. It is right at 15"x6 1/2" and about 3/16" thick It took right at 219oz of resin in the cast and about 50+ hours of prep time for the blank. The rim is live oak burl. The inspiration for the piece came from a glass vase that I had seen in a gallery. I liked the simple arc of the form and thought it might translate nicely into one of my acorn cap pieces. This one will be at the symposium next week.

I just call it "Simplicity"

Comments always welcome
Great color effect. I'm looking forward to seeing it at the symposium. From the picture, it looks like it will be very dynamic when viewed at different angles as the light bounces off the acorn caps.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Alan Trout
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device