• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
red femisphere box
P

red femisphere box

other views - Claro Walnut Burl – grain-matched - buried magnetic catchment – bleached – dyed – lacquered – 3 inches
As a relief from struggling with large sculptures I returned to my passion with femispheres and the design and precision required :-) This was one of the few pieces of wood I ever bought and it was a delight to spend time with – very light. I rarely use “shiny” but the detail within the wood grain deserves it – may de-gloss it later?
Shiny is perfect for this piece of beautiful wood. In addition to the beautiful piece, I really admire your precision workmanship. There is much more than initially meets the eye. I have been pondering the effort in placing the magnets and simultaneously maintaining grain alignment as well as the exterior shape.

I agree with Bill. Shiny really works for this piece. And it shows off the flawless surface of the wood. Really, really nice.

Media information

Album
Peter Rand
Added by
Peter Rand
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Image metadata

Filename