• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Pecan Bowl
M

Pecan Bowl

8.5 x 3 Pecan bowl with a small diameter tall foot.
[FONT=&quot]Perfect curve through the foot Mike. It appears your intentions are to display this as a piece of art on the small foot?[/FONT]

Looks like there is a little bump in the rim where the inclusion is in the foreground, but it could be my eyesight playing tricks on me. If it's not an opitical illusion, you might consider taking one more cut on the lathe to flatten the rim.

Ed

Thanks guys
George with a foot that small it pretty much has to be art it is useless for anything else.
Ed - Yes it does look like that in the photo, but you will have to trust me their is no bump. I think it looks like that because of the bevel of the rim and that being the point closest to the camera the inside of the rim disappears.

Mike, I like this bowl very much, and it looks like you hit the form right on! Just curious, what influenced you on the height of the foot in proportion to it's diameter? How did you choose a slightly taller foot over a shorter one? Thanks, KurtB

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mike Vickery
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device