• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Off Off Axis Vase
George Guadiane

Off Off Axis Vase

Just messing around with the idea of "Change One Thing" after having seen Cindy Drozda do a demo in Albany at the Totally Turning Symposium in 2007
Very nice twist George. I've been hooked on multi-axis turning since I took a class from Barbara Dill a few years back. I've got a website with images of some of my twisted turnings and a Links page with tutorials and references on twisted turning projects. Give it a look!

I looked at one of my earlier posts and, as I thought, I probably turned this one in 2009 or 2008.
As I recall, I did those before her... Not that it matters, but I've had quite a bit of success with the triangle stuff... I just did a demo in Jacksonville, making a box like this one. I was practicing to do the off off axis, but I couldn't get the time down enough to show the various fine points and get a good outcome in the time I'd have been all[oted, so I went for the straight off axis.
I did NOT try to do the finial in that demo - again, not enough time to do it right.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
George Guadiane
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename