• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
NIP #3
Dan Stevenson

NIP #3

9"h Norfolk Island Pine sculptural turning around the original knots as they grew towards the pith.
Pierced, texture & pyro.
:). Good save after going through the bottom :)
Seriously you are getting so much out of the material you work with.
You bring out things I have not seen done with NIP
Great looking piece

An exceptional piece. The combination of bigger dots on the inside, borders with small dark spots and each carved divot has a dark spot all tie in with the NIP knots. I'm assuming you hollowed from the base (as it sits now) and left a bottom that you carved. Creative.

a little hard to find a piece of NIP that the knows are that well spaced. outstanding job between you N Mommy Nature !

I really appreciate this NFP series you've developed. Its fantastic and definitely pushes the boundaries of the wood and form. Beautiful work.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Dan Stevenson
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device