• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Nailacea quercus-cobre
Jeff Hornung

Nailacea quercus-cobre

The next plant for my Mechanic Botanic collection...
Nailacea quercus-cobre. Or nails, oak and copper.
9 inches overall height. Paduak bowl, Oak hollowform and assorted bits of metal. I spent 24 years as a retail florist, was burned out for sure but ended up forced out of the industry due to massive and serious acquired allergies. Pretty much the closest I can get to working with flowers is to make my own out of wood and metal. All materials were repurposed or recycled. Bowl was a partial turn from a demo last year, Oak was an offcut from a large platter. Copper tube from my own fridge replacement and heating element came from an old ceramic kiln.
I like this kind of mixed media/material piece. Creative and fun. Be interesting to see rest of the series - seems like the possibilities are limitless.

Randy

Media information

Album
Jeff Hornung’s Turnings
Added by
Jeff Hornung
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata