• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Maui Kiawe Box Hand chased Threads
Emiliano Achaval

Maui Kiawe Box Hand chased Threads

Fair warning: Hand chased threads are an addiction. You will not resist the temptation to try all the woods that you own to see if they will take threads. And then you will go and start buying all the exotic woods that you can find.
Emiliano, very nice work, as always. I am an addict to hand chased threads as well. I made a router-based threading rig over 20 years ago that I saw in an article in Fine Woodworking magazine. It works fine, but I've switched to hand chasing. It's much more fun because of the challenge. There's nothing like the satisfaction that comes when you get the grain to match perfectly. If only I had a good supply of boxwood. I use mostly ABW and cocobolo.

Media information

Album
Maui Woodturner
Added by
Emiliano Achaval
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Image metadata

Device