• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Madrone Burl Finial Box
I decided to finish it with a Delt Clear Wood Finish Semi-Glossy
Great overall design. I particularly like the "flow/design" from the finial to the top of the box body which is complimented by the raised foot!

Really like that shape and form, and nice job on the finial. How big is the box? The shape resembles that of a Cindy Drozda piece. Very nice work.

Thanks Todd! The box is 5" in diameter and 3 5/8" tall, the foot is 5/8" and the finial is 5". The lid is 3 3/4" diameter.
Yes the shape resembles that of Cindy Drozda piece. I met her at the SWAT Symposium in Waco in August 2018. I went to one of her demo on the Multi Axis Hollow Form that I liked a lot. Funny enough I also borrowed her packing tape to close one of my box to bring back to California. I bought from her her signature 3/8" Finial Gouge and her signature 1/4" Vortex Tool. We start to communicate via email. I asked her if I could use/try to follow her techniques and design, she gave me the go ahead. I also bought 2 of her DVD's: Finial Star and Fabulous Finial Box. Her presentations and instructions are just outstanding, no wonder you can ALMOST reproduce what she does.

Media information

Album
Finial Box
Added by
Jean-Louis Meynier
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Image metadata

Device