1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice
Roger Chandler

Madrone Burl Calabash Bowl

Madrone Burl Calabash Bowl
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      odie
      What a beautiful piece of Madrone burl! How about some information, like size and processing information. I assume it was twice turned, so how long did it take to stabilize? What was the original MC when it was in block form? How was it sanded, and finished?.....etc. Whatever information you have would be great, especially from other woodturners.....
      -----odie-----
    • Roger Chandler
      Hi Odie! I got this around March 5, 2020. I bought it from a turner near San Francisco, CA. I had him boil it before shipping to me in a flat rate box. It was totally wet, and I did rough turn in March, sealed the end grain and bagged it up. Finish turned 2 days ago, sanded this morning, and put danish oil finish on it. 9.5" finished diameter...wall thickness is 3/16". Nice & stable now.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Roger Chandler
    Date:
    Sep 22, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    178.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    740px
    Height:
    786px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).