• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Insanity is finished
Eli Polite

Insanity is finished

I named this one insanity for a reason

I'll start with the photos. I tried really hard to get good photos of this ornament an I just couldn't pull off the lighting. Being that it is a sphere the shadows we're killing me. So in order to show the detail, I had to take the pictures in the sun light.

Out of the 3 I made this is the most detailed it's so hard to show with photos exactly what this is. It has to be seen in person to understand it. Even then I think most people have a hard time fully understand what went into it. I presented it at the AAW symposium the #1 question that was asked is. How? Trying to explain I found my self in a tough spot because it is so hard to explain in a few minutes how it's done. Out of all my projects, these 3 spheres required the largest time I would say a minimum of 50% of the work was done on the lathe. I'm starting 3 more of these. I hope to keep at least 1 of them.

I made a series of YouTube videos documenting the entire process. I have one more video to complete on this particular project. My YouTube channel is epdedsign1
Well done....and I not much on segment ing...is it hollowed?

I'm thinking, How the Hell do you even design a piece like this let alone create it, phew the skills.
Deserves pride of place in any Gallery. Absolute stunner Eli

U should study Mike Foster's forms....

Media information

Album
Eli Polite
Added by
Eli Polite
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings