• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Hollowform made from Ash with Rimu foot
Ross Scott

Hollowform made from Ash with Rimu foot

Made from NZ grown Ash foot is made from Rimu which is native to my country dremel texturing added to the bottom finish is home made shine juice
@Lamar Wright Thanks for the compliment I enjoyed turning the vase even though I goofed up and went too deep and cut the tenon off from the inside which is how it ened up with the foot I stuck on it the texturing was done to hide the thin glue line I could not get rid of

I like the texturing Ross. Could you tell me any technical info on the texturing... or any leads on where I can learn more about texturing. I am new to all this. Thanks. Will

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Ross Scott
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device