• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Great To Be Back!
Jerry Prosise

Great To Be Back!

I have been out of the woodturning community for about 5 years or so do to some complications with knee replacements. I now can stand long enough to complete projects is a reasonable amount of time. It is so great to be able to get back to my passion as I have missed it very much! More will be posted in the coming days. This is a 14.5 X 5.5 Claro Walnut burl hollow vessel. The finial is ebony. The cap is decorated on top and underneath using a spiral texture and gold metallic paint. Any comments or critiques are always welcomed.
I've had both knees replaced, one of them TWICE, so I understand what you went through. Pace yourself and don't be afraid to grab a bottle of Naproxon as you need it. That's a lovely piece you turned out, even on painful knees. And since we share the same first name, and the same maladies, I'll offer you a Hearty Welcome Back.

Jerry

Thanks guys. Actually I have had 2 bi-lateral replacements and then a single one...so a total of 5! Football paid for my college, but I have been paying it back in spades for almost 40 years. Things are much better now that they figured out what went wrong the first two times.

I'm facing knee replacement. Varied stories on it but most say the rehab is worse than the surgery. Glad you are doing well and love the turning. I recall seeing gunstocks made with claro walnut. Beautiful wood with awesome grain.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jerry Prosise
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device