• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Flames of decay
Bernie Hrytzak

Flames of decay

This is one of 3 hollow pieces turned within 24 hrs of taking a mountain ash down in my front yard that was almost dead. Piece is 4 in. wide and slightly less high and exhibits spalting. Finish is 3 coats of tung oil .
What a great piece of wood. Hard to go wrong when you start out with something like that, but you did a great job on the turnig.

I wonder what it would look like with a really flawless high gloss finish on it.

Ed

Thanks Ed, the actual part is more glossy (although not flawless)than the picture as I had to adjust the brightness and contrast because of glare. I'll use a light tent next time along with an evenly dispersed light source.

Bernie

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Bernie Hrytzak
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata