• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Figured Pecan Weed Pots
R

Figured Pecan Weed Pots

This wood came from a tree we had to drop on our property - I have no idea what caused the crazy figure, but I like it. The largest is 2.5" tall.
You have a great sense of form in both sets of pecan weed pots. While the beautiful figure in the wood is what we all seek, the form is the distinguishing and enduring factor.
Dale

Thanks Ken. I'm a graphic designer by trade - I really enjoy the challenge of simplifying and refining the lines. I've studied with Mark Sillay here in Atlanta. He's got a great eye for form and has imparted a great deal of wisdom to me both technically and aesthetically. I just processed another batch of that pecan this weekend - some into blanks and some into planks for some small boxes.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Robert Spaugh
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device