• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Faulted Box Elder Vessel
Greg Gallegos

Faulted Box Elder Vessel

I’ve been doing this for some time now and yes this is Not Spalted. It is “Faulted”. Faux/Spalted, it is a bit of a process but it’s well worth the effort. When I started doing the thinking behind it was everyone loves Spalted wood so how can one try and recreate the look. Some woods obviously work better than others. Go figure it’s usually the woods that do spalt normally. This piece measures 8.5”x 8.5”
That's a very convincing rendition of spalted wood. My first thought was that it was a typo. I think if I did it I'd be very tempted to hide some funny faces and other odd images. I don't know, maybe you did too. I haven't looked that close.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Greg Gallegos
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename