• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Burl mushroom
Joe Centorino

Burl mushroom

Not everything has to be a bowl or even hollow-form. This piece was turned from a small burl of unknown type and origin. The stems were turned from Andromeda branches. Finish is spray-on lacquer
Very creative Joe! I like the way your different shapes highlight the 'beauty within' these pieces of burl. I especially like the contrasts between the external surfaces and the interior grain.

Thanks Brian! I brought the unturned burl to a club meeting and asked a few veteran turners what they thought it could become and got several suggestions. I kept coming back to my initial feeling that it wanted to be a mushroom ;) My only regret with this piece is that I should have taken a photo of the burl prior to turning. I'll have to remember that in the future.

Media information

Album
Beppo's Workshop
Added by
Joe Centorino
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device