1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice
John Glessner

Burl and Resin Urn Picture 2

This picture shows how the top is threaded into the urn. There is a maple insert in the resin that I tapped to accept the top

Burl and Resin Urn Picture 2
John Glessner, Nov 15, 2020
    • Paul Lajoie
      Beautiful piece. How thick are the walls?
    • John Glessner
      It is approximately 3/8" to 1/2" thick threw most of it. The base of it is a little thicker probably closer to an inch. I didn't want to try making it super thin and make it too fragile. The threaded insert is thicker than the surrounding resin so I could get a decent number of threads in it. I also have to admit that I was concerned that I would screw it up if I went too thin....I find it easier to get a nasty catch when hollowing resin. I have broken pieces that way in the past.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    John Glessner: Resin Cast Turnings
    Uploaded By:
    John Glessner
    Date:
    Nov 15, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    639.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2335px
    Height:
    2863px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 7
    Date / Time:
    2020:11:13 14:26:46
    Exposure Time:
    1/1008 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 20
    Focal Length:
    3.99 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).