• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Box Elder Bowl and HF
I cleaned up the shop today and found a couple of Box Elder burl caps laying under one of the benches so off to the lathe I went...

The HF is about 1 1/2 inches tall. I like the form but dont like the lip, its to big and to sharp of an angle into the transition, should of rounded it like I usually do. The bowl I really like, its about a 16th of inch thick and has a small bead (I guess thats what ya would call it) on the base to keep it steady.

Comments/Critiques always welcome,
Shane
Beautiful forms in beautiful wood, Shane. I think the little HF is just fine and the bowl is outstanding.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Shane Whitlock
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename