• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Blue Pod
Carol Hall

Blue Pod

For those of you who struggle if a piece is "too pretty to paint" here's one of my latest, generously given to me by my talented friend, Mike Kuterbach, to embellish. It has tigery grain stripes, incredible chatoyance, and is an amazing multi - axis turning. Too pretty to paint - bah! Sold right away.
: Carol.......really do like the way you retained all of the natural character of this ambrosia maple, while using paint to give it your own personal flair.

.....sort of like dancing with Mother Nature, I suspect! :D

-----odie-----

When I first saw this piece I though the blue dye in the middle looked like a shark. Very nice piece indeed, well done.

@odie - I am the worst dancer ever, so I'm afraid I would step in M. N. 's feet. Maybe more like creating a meal from her bounty, or something... But thanks so much for the lovely feedback. I wish I could dance, but I am truly the person most likely to fall for no reason. Ugh.

Triangular outer & colour, sure add points of difference to this piece Carol, nicely done indeed :cool:

Media information

Album
Added by
Carol Hall
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
New Doc 2017-12-11_1.jpg