• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Big Leaf Maple Burl and Fused Glass
Philip Rose

Big Leaf Maple Burl and Fused Glass

Combo sculpture ... the fused glass was designed after I completed the burl to tie both together.
Used to make my living doing that kind of fused glass; Pot Melts we called them. Got a few "Almost ran" pieces lying around somewhere and the equipment to make a new one if I wanted. I may use bad words towards you for prompting me to go back into that field. We closed the business ten years ago and now I'm giving serious thought to it. Saying thank you is the wrong way to put it. Your work is exquisite, beautiful fusing and color balance. Hope I can do as well.

@Jerry Maske Thank you! It isn't pot melt, although I do some of those. This is an acrylic paint pouring type technique ("dirty pour"), with glass -- slightly more predictable ;) -- combined with frit migration. It has been addictive, for sure!

Media information

Album
PhilRose
Added by
Philip Rose
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename