• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
49 Stones
I meant to add this as something of an explanation of this "piece" but got sidetracked!

"Skipping stones with your dad is as good a moment as childhood has to offer. The search for the perfect stone seems almost eternal. The perfect stone is round and smooth but not flat. A good skipping stone needs to have nicely domed faces. And not too big either. A good stone needs to fit just right in your hand with your index finger wrapped around it to give it some spin when it is tossed. The big ones are tempting but they almost always disappoint, plopping unceremoniously into the water with a noisy splash. And not too light either. Those just kind of flop around in the air and plink into the water with little or no effect at all. The perfect stone with just the right shape will skip lightly across the water, three, four, five or even more times before it finally loses it's momentum and sinks beneath the surface to the bottom where it will remain for longer than our lifetime before it works it's way back to the shore where some other kid and his dad will find it and send it, once again, skipping out over the water's surface."

Dave, they are of wood YES? and if so a real neat idea to the use up some lil peices ! I have made a few wooden rocks to stack and make a "Canadian" thing known as an 'Inukshuk' even tho I am a Hoosier !

Media information

Album
David DeCristoforo
Added by
David DeCristoforo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename