1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice
Jon Sauer

3 Bread Lames

Bread Lames made of African Blackwood, Tagua Nut, Betel Nut & Pink Ivory wood. Decorated on a rose engine lathe. Two views, one with the scoring blades extended, and the other with the blade retracted. Screw fittings are located internally. These are used by bread bakers to score the top of bred loves just prior to placing in the oven. 1.85" in diameter.

3 Bread Lames
Jon Sauer, Jul 31, 2020 at 3:04 AM
    • Clifton C
      Those are incredible, I use a chopstick with blade threaded on the end, I'm going to throw it away... I can't imagine your lames covered in flour. Maybe in a glass display case... :D
    • Glenn Lefley
      Wow gorgeous. Do you sell them. If so pm me details.
      I too have never heard of these. But I know a few bakers that would die for one, but probably be scared to dirty it!
    • Russ Braun
      Never heard of a bread lame before; can’t imagine any finer examples than these Jon!
    • Jon Sauer
      I made these for a friend who challenged me to make a few better than those similar on the market. They turned out almost too good to use, but are great show and tell item for Bread Bakers. Not sure if I will revisit making these.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Jon Sauer Turnings
    Uploaded By:
    Jon Sauer
    Date:
    Jul 31, 2020 at 3:04 AM
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    345.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1219px
    Height:
    1219px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot ELPH 300HS
    Date / Time:
    2020:07:07 21:40:33
    Exposure Time:
    1/40 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    9.324 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).