• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Dust cover for Visualizer monitor

About to install a camera/Visualizer setup from Trent Bosch.

Any of you out there found a dust cover that fits it well. All the monitor covers I see on AMZ are too big.

Did you ask Trent Bosch? I own a Visualizer and I believe the monitor and camera are designed for the shop environment and I doubt you need a cover.
Just opened the box today and I will send him an email. Meanwhile, here's a photo of my monitor just out of the box. It is a nice looking monitor with a metal case but the case is perforated. I am assuming that is for cooling.

PXL_20240131_215437316.jpg

Dave Landers

Beta Tester
Website
dlwoodturning.com
I've had mine for years, no problems. It's a pretty basic monitor. I also have a laptop and a larger HDMI monitor in the shop - all near the lathe. No problems.
The only dust protection I've done is to cover the unused connector ports on the laptop with masking tape, and I have some plastic wrap over the keyboard. I blow off/out the laptop occasionally, but do nothing to the monitors (yes, I know I should vacuum the laptop to avoid blowing dust into the fan bearings, but meh).

I've had mine for years, no problems. It's a pretty basic monitor. I also have a laptop and a larger HDMI monitor in the shop - all near the lathe. No problems.
The only dust protection I've done is to cover the unused connector ports on the laptop with masking tape, and I have some plastic wrap over the keyboard. I blow off/out the laptop occasionally, but do nothing to the monitors (yes, I know I should vacuum the laptop to avoid blowing dust into the fan bearings, but meh).
Dave, does your monitor have all the vents mine seems to have?

Back