• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

colored epoxy putty

I have and use milliput with good results.

Just wondering if there is another brand of putty out there with different colors that people have used?

First hand knowledge is what I'm looking for so I don't have to buy every type/brand that google finds.

Last edited:

Jim McLain

Artist
Website
www.lucadecor.com
Sam - Have not tried it but Starbond recently released an epoxy putty in white that can be dyed. They also have a black one.

I would think any white epoxy putty could take some powdered pigment as long as the working time is long enough. If you find something that is in 2 parts with a shorter working time you can add the pigment to one part before adding the other.

Back