• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Banjo to fit Jet1642

Randy Anderson

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Website
www.etsy.com
Want to add a second banjo to my Jet1642 for doing large tall hollow forms. I like what I read about the Oneway banjo so hoping someone has one, or something that will work, that will fit my lathe.

Randy Anderson

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Website
www.etsy.com
Is there a max/min length they require? The Jet banjo has the locking arm under the tool rest post hole so I've had to cut other tool rests to the right length to be able to fit. I don't see anything in the specs about tool rest post length.

The ONEWAY 1640 Banjo is 5 1/2" tall. The tool rest post depth is 1 1/8" above the lathe bed. The tool post lock is about 1/2" wide and the top is 1 1/8" below the top surface of the casting.

Back