• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Oneway wheel set

Our club has a secondary lathe located offsite. It is a Oneway 1224. It had 3inch casters which raised the lathe by 4 inches. These wheels have now lost the rubber coating and will not lock. I am searching for a wheel set or carriage that will allow the lathe to be lowered when in use. Rockler has a mobile base that looks likely sand the base that Craft supply has only states PM and jet. Any ideas or is there a wheelset made for oneway?

Yes there is a wheel set made by OneWay. It is made for the 1236SD but can be adapted to the 1224. I bought them for my 1236 and adapted them to my 1224.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
This may give you another idea.
Several clubs I have visited recently have bolted boat trailer jacks to the ends of their lathes.
Ones like in the picture 1000 lb capacity are $20 or so each

One club had wheels on a hinge that swing out of the way to let the legs sit on the floor. Their jack had no wheel.

You could use 3 wheeled jacks 2 on one end and one on the other. These would give Clearance for thresholds, small steps and trailer Ramps.
No pieces to loose. Short learning curve to deploy the lathe.

DCB8024B-DD7A-4817-97F8-DCD317A86094.jpeg

Last edited:
Our club has a secondary lathe located offsite. It is a Oneway 1224. It had 3inch casters which raised the lathe by 4 inches. These wheels have now lost the rubber coating and will not lock. I am searching for a wheel set or carriage that will allow the lathe to be lowered when in use. Rockler has a mobile base that looks likely sand the base that Craft supply has only states PM and jet. Any ideas or is there a wheelset made for oneway?

Oneway has these wheel sets for the 12” lathes for sale, if you want the original setup.
standard wheel set MO259.jpg

Back