• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

The Consumer Products Safety Commission web site (cpsc.gov) lists quite a variety of brand names for which Kidde manufactured the extinguisher. Both Kidde's and the CPSC web sites have a chart listing the affected brands and models. They all feature plastic nozzles or valve mechanisms. Kidde will replace the extinguisher for free, though it takes 6-8 weeks to receive. (or possibly it will take 6-8 weeks to ship. Can you imagine what Kidde's going through, potentially replacing every basic level product they've made in the last 40 years?) In any case, you do not need to send in your old extinguisher--keep it "in case", until you get the new one. And, as always, locate the extinguisher so you have an exit behind you if you have to use it on a fire. i.e. between the back door and the stove, or between the basement door and the furnace, or maybe simply put it by an exit door, then you've always got a way out.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
None of mine are on the recall. They must be plastic handled.....two of mine are metal. The plastic handled one I have is not part of the recall either. From the Kidde site, this one is not affected:
Handle+Detail+Round.jpg

-----odie-----

I filled out the online form a couple of weeks ago, and I received my replacement today.
I ship the old one back in the same packaging, prepaid label. Easy peasy.

Back